Through our strategic alliance with an independent third-party valuations expert with 20+ years experience, we offer an array of Certified Business Valuation Reports to meet your needs. Get a verified report personally prepared by a Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA) and Master Analyst in Financial Forensics (MAFF).
Certified Valuation Reports
- 40+ Pages
- 30-min. consultation
- Includes summary of nature & history of company, industry & economy, financial analysis and conclusion of value
- Uses: planning purposes, internal management use, or friendly partner/shareholder transactions
- 65+ Pages
- 1-hour consultation
- Includes executive summary and more in-depth written analysis of nature & history of company, industry & economy, financial analysis and conclusion of value
- Uses: substantiating information presented to thir parties (e.g., acquisitions, divestitures, IRS submissions, partner disputes and bank loan reports)
- 100+ pages
- Detailed interviews/consultations
- Additional professional care & review; highest level of in-depth written analysis of nature & history of company, industry & economy, financial analysis and conclusion of value
- Uses: complicated businesses; high value gifts & estate planning for IRS; court purposes where the information provided may become evidence
Certified Business Valuations are commonly referred to as business appraisals that are performed by certified valuators who adhere to published valuation standards set forth by well-known, accredited organizations. A business valuation report issued by a firm with certified valuators holds credibility. Our valuation experts are certified by the National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts (NACVA) – the most recognized and esteemed organization in the valuation industry.
When Do You Need a Certified Business Valuation?
Whether you are a business owner contemplating the sale of your business, raising bank capital or investor equity, pursuing a legal claim, preparing your succession or planning any array of accounting and IRS-related reporting events – you will want to obtain a valuation report that is credible and protects you against others from discrediting the valuation.
If you are facing any of these life events or at risk of possible IRS-related penalties or losing more than $5,900 on your transaction, then we highly recommend the insight provided by a certified business valuation.
Your certified business valuation will:
- Inform the list price and provide the fair market value of your business if you’re selling
- Deliver the credible and reliable value of your business if buying out a shareholder
- Provide the value of your shares, as reported to the IRS, if gifting to a family or friend
- Add valuable credibility during negotiations or legal proceedings
In some instances, you may choose to provide the certified valuation report to your counterparty to further strengthen the reliability of the valuation and remove barriers. In other cases, you may be required to disclose the valuation report as required by the IRS when gifting shares or purchasing a business.
meet our leading
Shelia Darby, MBA, CVA, MAFF
Affiliate Valuation Expert
Shelia Darby has 20+ years as an experienced valuation and financial professional. Ms. Darby is a recognized thought leader valuing complex initiatives and companies. She has worked on projects ranging from asset to company valuations. Past projects have included work for companies ranging from Fortune 500 to small, privately held businesses.
Ms. Darby provides certified valuation reports that deliver the insight and credibility needed to facilitate deal making and successful resolutions. As a certified business appraiser, she adheres to the high standards set forth by well-recognized, accredited organizations.
For VNB Business Brokers, she provides the highest level of third-party financial analytics and valuation assistance.
Ms. Darby provides certified business valuations of closely-held businesses. Her 20+ years of valuation experience spans numerous industries, ranging from energy/mining, construction/real estate, retail/wholesale and manufacturing to finance/insurance, services, professional and health. Ms. Darby formerly served as the Assistant Treasurer of Transocean and held various valuation, finance, and strategy roles at ConocoPhillips, AGL Resources, and Enron Corporation. While at ConocoPhillips, she led the strategy and finance department of the company’s largest business unit in Norway. She also enjoyed teaching the valuation and economic modeling course to over 250 employees located throughout North America, Asia Pacific, and Europe. During her tenure, Ms. Darby was responsible for reviewing the valuation and finance approvals for over 100 acquisitions and dispositions.
Ms. Darby holds an M.B.A. from Rice University, a B.B.A. in Finance from Baylor University, and professional certifications from the National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts (NACVA), including the Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA) and Master Analyst in Financial Forensics (MAFF) designations. She is also a certified Project Management Professional (PMP) from the Project Management Institute (PMI).
Ms. Darby is a current board member of the Ethics and Oversight Board of NACVA and President of the NACVA Houston State Chapter. She is also the Treasurer of the Texas Association of Business Brokers – Houston Chapter. Personally, she enjoys spending time outdoors with her family where she is often found in the stands at a softball field watching her daughter play.